- Positive Outcomes provides guidance to the class teacher to plan and implement a differentiated and meaningful Core Curriculum
- Positive Outcomes embeds fundamental additional skills that are crucial to accessing the National Curriculum
- Clearly identifies the individual outcomes for the child
- Facilitates partnership working between teachers, teaching assistants and support services
- Ensures class teachers meet their legal obligation regarding SEND legislation
Benefits of Positive Outcomes:
- Provides clear links to the National Curriculum Outcomes
- Individualised outcomes based on the National Curriculum for children with SEND
- Support strategies
- Positive Outcomes acknowledges the additional skills learned by the child with SEND to enable them to reach their outcomes
- Enables progress to be recorded
- Record and plan in one place
- Quick and easy to use
‘This resource offers a range of suggested methods to support teaching and learning – all linked to the relevant aspects of the national curriculum core subjects. provide support strategies to implement in my planning and teaching to support those children with specific needs to reach their own individual outcomes. The strategies suggested would also support whole class teaching – in a mainstream primary school there is often limited adult support so therefore it is sometimes not possible to teach in small groups. The strategies suggested here would enhance the learning for all children – not just those with additional needs.
Class teacher year 1 and 2, Warrington
Bringing Positive Outcomes for Children with SEND to life as we talk about how to implement the approaches in the classroom.
Would you like to attend a practical course to understand how to use Positive Outcomes and see it in action?
Positive Outcomes for Children with SEND course