Why use Positive Looking 2
- Easy and simple to use, with lots of practical suggestions and clear observation points
- Fully adaptable templates for planning activity sessions, recording engagement and tracking progress
- Promotes use of common, everyday resources or simple-to-make games
Benefits of Positive Looking 2
- Enables a child to develop positive strategies to access tasks
- Offers scaffolding without being prescriptive
- Recognises that progress in visual development is not linear and provides the flexibility for planning personalised programmes to support individuals to achieve positive outcomes.
- Suggested ideas are over a broad age/ability range but can be adjusted to a child’s need.
Positive Looking 2 includes:
- An overview of visual skill development
- Ideas and visual skills activities
- Examples of planned intervention sessions
- Suggested goals, materials and resources
The guide includes graphs to record progress, example session plans and photographs of resource ideas suitable for each area.
Positive Looking 2 is an excellent product. Every member of our team has a Positive Looking 1 ‘kit’ where we have made up packs of visual stimuli to accompany each visual skill and we use these on a daily basis during our visits, particularly with the babies and the children with complex needs and/or CVI. From this we can assess and record the stage the children are at and then we set targets with strategies for parents/carers to follow up. It has given us a much clearer focus. Positive Looking 2 will continue with these skills and we hope to create similar packs to accompany each skill. So a huge THANK YOU again for your excellent products – they are always resources we carry around with us, refer to and use on a regular basis and are not gathering dust on a shelf.
Teacher of VI, East of England