Includes NEW SIMPLE PLANNING FRAMEWORK and CHECKLIST to support you to plan an accessible curriculum
- Provides guidance to the class teacher to plan and implement a differentiated and meaningful Core Curriculum
- Embeds fundamental additional skills that are crucial to accessing the National Curriculum
- Clearly identifies the individual outcomes for the child
- Facilitates partnership working between teachers, teaching assistants and support services
- Ensures class teachers meet their legal obligation regarding SEND legislation
- Clear links to the National Curriculum Outcomes
- Individualised outcomes based on the National Curriculum for children with SEND
- Support strategies
- Acknowledges the additional skills learned by the child with SEND to enable them to reach their outcomes
- Enables progress to be recorded
- Record and plan in one place
- Quick and easy to use
The resource also supports the child to develop their additional curriculum outcomes. Positive Eye has developed an additional curriculum © which addresses 8 areas that the child may need to develop skills within.
The Additional Curriculum Outcomes © works across two products which link together
Positive Outcomes for Children with SEND and The Easy-Easier Child’s Voice Toolkit
Some examples from each area are included here:
Sensory Function and Efficiency
Learning how to use each sense and master control over – listening, vision, tactile…. etc……
Understanding the World
Concept development , receptive language, object characteristics, spatial understanding, understanding actions and events…… etc…..
Access to information – learning how to use and using adapted materials, using specialist adapted equipment…etc…
Interaction with the world
Expressive language, co-operation and negotiation with others, environmental knowledge and concepts……etc…….
Managing our own world
Organisation and efficiency, self regulatory behaviour, time management, personal hygiene…..etc……
Understanding our place and ourselves in the world
Social communication, body language, social etiquette, problem solving and goal setting….etc……
Accessible and Assistive Technology
Using IT to access learning, using IT to record own work, using IT for research…..etc…….
A positive future
Career awareness, managing your own home, managing finances…..etc.
.A practical and easy to use package which will support learning and show progress of individual children with SEND. Why reinvent wheel when it’s here already to use. Sue Cook, Head of Sensory Support Service, Knowsley.
From a year 3 class teacher, East Midlands
‘These resources can help you understand objectives which pupils should be meeting next, which in turn helps with planning appropriate activities for individual children in order to achieve their targets. The booklets show each objective and give clear advice on support strategies which can be used to help children achieve their targets.I would recommend to others as the resources are set out clearly and are easy to follow. The resource gives clear ideas how objectives can be met through different activities.’