How to use:
The approach centres on using the language of Easy-Easier and a simple structured system for the child to think about their outcomes.
There are three stages with accompanying resources:
- Listen to the child’s voice, by including them in a structured approach to help them to think about the tasks they find easy and those they would like to find easier.
- Plan actions for those tasks the child would like to find easier. Include the child in this process, listen and incorporate their ideas and suggestions. They may have the solution!
- Review progress with the child – post tickets in the ‘Easy’ side once child judges that a task is now ‘Easy’ (or as ‘Easy as it can be’)
- Puts the child’s voice at the heart of the ‘plan, review, do’ process
- Provides a flexible tool to chart additional curriculum outcomes
- Use to include child in EHC planning
- Helps to positively engage children in learning
- Enables meaningful learning targets to be set
- Recognise child’s strengths and promotes positive self e
Step 1 – Listen to the child’s voice
1.The child reads/accesses the tickets – preferably independently or with minimum assistance
- The child considers each ticket and is asked to post each one in the Easy-Easier ® Posting Box, according to whether they find it ‘Easy’ or whether they would like to find it ‘Easier’.
- If the child is not sure which slot to post the ticket into, encourage them to make a separate pile to return to later.
Step 2 – Plan actions – listen to child’s voice and plan together
Together complete and agree the High Flyer’s Action Plan.
Deliver interventions, put actions in place
Step 3 – Review progress: Child re-posts the tickets in the ‘Easy’ slot when they feel access to the task or activity has become easy.
- Child: As tickets are moved by the child into the ’Easy’ side success is recognised and positive self esteem is promoted.
- Practitioner: Record progress in the ‘Additional Curriculum Skills Booklet using the scale of 1 – 4 to consider the child’s progress.
2 x Easy-Easier ® Posting Boxes, 8 colour coded sets of Easy-Easier tickets linked to the 8 Additional Curriculum Outcome areas, an action plan, individual recording booklets and graphs for each year. (All on CD also as part of the package – excluding the posting box). (Further boxes can be ordered separately at £20.00 per box).
The Easy-Easier tickets are designed to be used in conjunction with the Easy-Easier® Posting Box. Appropriate selection of which tickets to use can be made by the practitioner beforehand. The tickets can be used flexibly, amended and further personalised ones added as required.