Watch the video of Gwyn talking about how to use the Easy-Easier Child’s Voice Toolkit:
The approach centres on using the language of Easy-Easier and a simple structured system to place the child at the centre of their support and to enable them to think about their outcomes using a structured approach.
There are three stages with accompanying resources:
- Listen to the child’s voice, by including them in a structured approach to help them to think about the tasks they find easy and those they would like to find easier.
- Plan actions for those tasks the child would like to find easier. Include the child in this process, listen and incorporate their ideas and suggestions. They may have the solution!
- Review progress with the child – post tickets in the ‘Easy’ side once child judges that a task is now ‘Easy’ (or as ‘Easy as it can be’)
- Puts the child’s voice at the heart of the ‘plan, review, do’ process
- Provides a flexible tool to chart additional curriculum outcomes
- Use to include child in EHC planning
- Enables both the teacher and child to measure and review progress towards reaching outcomes
- Helps to positively engage children in learning
- Enables meaningful learning targets to be set
- Recognise child’s strengths and promotes positive self esteem
2 x Easy-Easier ® Posting Boxes, 8 colour coded sets of Easy-Easier tickets linked to the 8 Additional Curriculum Outcome areas, an action plan, individual recording booklets and graphs for each year group. (Also included on CD as part of the package – excluding the posting box). (Further boxes can be ordered separately at £20.00 per box).
Here is what the professionals say following attending training on the resource…
‘The Easy-Easier strategy box seems a very good way to understand how the children are feeling about a particular topic which feed into planning as well’
‘Comprehensive programme that can benefit all age groups. Can provide a uniform approach to rewarding progress in the establishment’
‘A fabulous tool to link the child, their needs, the national curriculum, their additional skills, their voice and their parents. Brilliant! A must buy!!’