Learn to read and write Braille.
(The Braille course is currently full for the academic year 2018-19)
The course is suitable for those who wish to follow a course with a final assessed component. To show their level of competency in both reading and writing contracted Braille.
A Qualified Teacher of Vision Impairments, from Positive Eye Ltd will assess and mark. Not externally accredited.
- Studied as a distance learning module by participants.
- Participants complete 30 writing exercises. They are set out in the Braille Primer to practice. When ready they will complete a separate written exercise to prove their learning. They will work to a monthly deadline. Written by Positive Eye for the professional to complete and hand in for marking.
- At each stage a Braille Transcription exercise is also provided to the participants for completion.
- Participants take an End of Course Test in reading and writing Braille.
- All tests devised and written by Positive Eye Ltd.
- Marked by a Qualified Teacher of Visual Impairments.