The course comprises:
- An overview of emergent literacy skills
- An overview of 22 essential experiences to undergird literacy development
- The story performance of Marvin’s Market Adventure
- Demonstration of practical examples of resources and activities to create to support further understanding of the rich concepts that lie within the market place
- Practical application: Practitioners will create their own story and plan activities and resources to support literacy development through a holistic approach.
The course will be practical, interactive, dynamically delivered and inspire you to with many wonderful teaching approaches that are appropriate for all children including those with SEN.
Marvin’s story is used to example to professionals how to extract learning. It is also a super story pack that you can buy to use with the children you support.
“Marvin was a kind little boy who loved to visit his Grandma and help to look after her beautiful garden. One day he decided he would surprise her as it was her birthday and he wanted to make her a special picnic. He wrote his shopping list and set off to the market. He would buy a beautiful flower for her garden, a little shiny fish for her pond….. little did he know that he was in for some magical surprises!”
To discuss booking this course for your staff contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to buy Marvin’s Story Pack inclusive of the story book, meet the character booklet, audio version of the story and Marvin’s song.