Supporting visually impaired learners
Introduction to Working with Children with Vision Impairment Course
To equip you with the basic skills to support a child with vision impairment in your class.
The one day course covers:
- A basic understanding of supporting visually impaired learners.
- The implications of vision impairment on learning and development.
- How to enable the child’s access.
- The educational implications for a child/young person with vision impairment.
- Impact of vision impairment on development and learning.
- Barriers to accessing the curriculum.
Enabling access to the curriculum and environment:
- Practical approaches, methods and strategies. To enable curriculum access, reading print. Accessing images, writing and editing of work, interactive board and general classroom environment.
- Strategies to support the child’s independence. Additionally, to support social inclusion across the wider school setting.
Practitioners will leave with a comprehensive e-resource pack.
Courses: Positive Social Skills
Products: Reasonable Adjustments Charter Pack