Encouraging independence – why use ‘Who’s in the driving seat’?
Supports the practitioner to consider:
- How to help a child with SEND/VI to gain a greater level of independence.
- The effectiveness of current interventions.
- The roles of all professional in maximising independence.
- Approaches are embedded as part of the professional’s ongoing continuing professional development.
- Addresses the core purpose of the supporting practitioner.
- Enables a consistent whole school or specialist service approach.
- Targets strategies to maximise the child’s independence.
- Adaptable product resources.
“Who’s in the Driving Seat offers a very good insight into letting children be in the driving seat of their own learning. Excellent ideas for giving the child a voice and also for self reﬂection by professionals.”
“Love the snapshot approaches to recording targets etc. Can adapt materials for various ages.”
“Raises lots of valuable points. Gave very effective realistic suggestions to support learning.”
“A complex concept presented in a clear manner.”
“Really wonderfully done. Enjoyed using all the activities and materials. Have been able to spend time in meaningful thinking around the children that I serve.” – Teachers of VI, Scotland