Why use Supporting Performance Management for Teachers of Vision Impairment?
- Helps the teacher of VI to appropriately reflect their role against the criteria for a mainstream class teacher
- Clear simple criteria given for judging a successful session which is meaningful to the role of the teacher of VI
- Classroom observations which highlight the teacher of VI role are identified. Examples include: Functional vision assessment, home visit, hosting a review meeting and teaching a one to one session
- Criteria and evidence is meaningful to the role of the teacher of VI
- Worked examples are presented in action steps and give the performance criteria and the evidence required to complete the objective