Performance management for teachers of Visual Impairment. Use this guide to help plan objectives and observations, pertinent to the work of the teacher of vision impairments. A comprehensive set of worked objectives and classroom observations. These should evidence the difference that teachers of VI make towards pupil progress. The teaching, learning and service improvement.
Why use Supporting Performance Management for Teachers of Vision Impairment?
- Helps a teacher of VI to reflect their role against the criteria for a mainstream class teacher.
- Clear simple criteria for judging a successful session which is meaningful to the role of the teacher of VI.
- Classroom observations indentify the teacher of VI’s role. Examples include: Functional vision assessment. Home visit, hosting a review meeting and teaching a one to one session.
- Criteria and evidence are meaningful to the role of the teacher of VI.
- Presented in action steps. Worked examples give the performance criteria. Showing the evidence required to complete the goal.