Social Skills Programme – help the child to develop social interaction skills. Using this nine week programme which includes lesson objectives, activities, goals and targets. Plus a simple monitoring and recording system and graphs to record the child’s progress.
Taught in a focussed way to a small group. The Social Skills Programme supports the development of the main social skills.
- Looking towards the person
- Turn taking in conversation
- Speaking during conversation
- Listening skills – active and attentive listening
- Giving and receiving instructions
Benefits of the Social Skills Programme:
- Print Monitoring checklists for each session
- Programme is fully adaptable to meet child’s needs
- Progress can be recorded on the simple graph system
“The social skills development techniques will transfer for use with children with hearing impairment.”
“Social skills development is a major focus for our team this year. This programme will be used across the Service and super that they can be adapted to our specific needs.”
“We want to use the pack to show evidence of our impact.” – Teachers of VI, Midlands, England
Why not incorporate some of our free resources?