Skills for Tactile Graphics
Skills for Tactile Graphics provides practical ideas and suggestions. To help you deliver a programme to support the development of tactile skills. Working towards a goal of understanding symbolic representation. With goals, resource suggestions, activities and observation points for each area. Divided into two sets, the skills are integral to each other.
Skill set 1
- Understanding real life concepts
- Handling real objects
- Handling models
- Two dimensional representation
- Symbolic representations
Skill set 2
- Tactile discrimination skills
- Fine motor skills
Why use ?
- A programme of practical activities. To support the development of skills required to access tactile diagrams and pictures.
- Ready-made session plans for each skill area. Provided in Word to enable you to create further plans.
- Adaptable to child’s need
- Enables assessment of child’s tactile skills and specific target setting
- Observation points inform the practitioner of what to look for. Enables specific evaluation of child’s progress.