Curriculum Activity Picture Cards
Simple curriculum activities for send. Learning to Access, Access to Learning – is at the heart of the child’s action plan. Understanding how to support curriculum access for children with VI is a key focus. Being able to read, to write, to draw, to copy from the board. To access story books and worksheets are the basics of everyday access. These are the key outcomes for a child when accessing the curriculum. They are the basic reasonable adjustments and outcomes. These should form the focus for the class teacher to consider.
The Curriculum Activity Picture Cards are a simple set of images. Created for a class teacher or teaching assistant. Use them to consult with a child in their class about their support. Important discussions can stem from using the images to chat through with the child. ‘What is easy to access, what you would like to find easier?’
This set of 15 bright coloured picture cards are activities to promote independent learning. Designed to help develop a positive approach. Illustrating the main curriculum tasks carried out on a daily basis in the classroom.
Why use activities to promote independent learning?
The picture cards are a useful tool for:
- Consulting with the child during assessment and review
- Reflecting on tasks that are easy and those the child would like to find easier
- Target setting to develop the learner’s access
Benefits of simple curriculum activities for send:
- Builds self-esteem and confidence about tasks that they can do on their own
- Develops a positive ‘On my own I can… approach’
- Involves the child in measuring their own progress and success
Pictures show the following tasks:
- Reading my story book.
- Picking out detail in pictures.
- Measuring with my ruler.
- Drawing and colouring pictures.
- Locating my tray.
- Tidying my things away at the end of the lesson.
- Reading from the board.
- Cutting out and gluing.
- Copying from the board.
- Painting, writing on black lined paper using a black pen.
- Reading my writing.
- Using the computer and screen magnification and speech access.
- Using my low vision aid
Why not try our Simple Social Skills Picture Cards too?