This comprehensive guide to supporting SEND students takes the outcomes for the Core Curriculum subjects at Key Stages 1 and 2. For each offers a range of creative and practical support strategies and resource suggestions. To support the class teacher in delivering a meaningful, adapted and accessible curriculum.
Adjusted and individualised National Curriculum Outcomes for children with SEND. The class teacher is able to both set and record achievable outcomes.
If you would like to buy one year group at a time the cost is £142.50 please contact us for more information.
Watch the video of Gwyn talking about Positive Outcomes supporting SEND students.
Supporting SEND students?
Positive Outcomes for Children with SEND is simple, quick and easy to use.
- Provides guidance to the class teacher. Helps to plan andput in placet a differentiated and meaningful Core Curriculum
- Has clearly written individualised National Curriculum Outcomes
- Includes simple planning framework and checklist. Supporting you to plan an accessible curriculum
- Embeds fundamental skills that are crucial to accessing the National Curriculum
- Ensures class teachers meet their legal obligation on SEND legislation
- For each National Curriculum Outcome for English, Maths and Science – Years 1 – 6
- Provides a whole school approach to supporting SEND students
- Creative, practical support strategies and resource ideas. To support class teacher’s planning for individual children
- Record progress in ‘Individual Outcome Recording’ booklets. Per child, per year group and subject
- Facilitates partnership working between teachers, teaching assistants and support services
Download sample pages:
Additional Curriculum Outcomes
The child may need to develop additional skills to reach their National Curriculum Outcomes. For each outcome (per subject and year) the skills are clearly identified.
The Additional Curriculum works across both Positive Outcomes for Children with SEND. The The Easy-Easier Child’s Voice Toolkit and includes:
- Sensory Function and Efficiency.
- Understanding the World.
- Media Access.
- Interaction with the world.
- Managing our own world.
- Understanding our place and ourselves in the world.
- Accessible and assistive technology.
- A positive future
- English, Maths and Science subject booklets for years 1 – 6
- Individual recording booklets – per subject, per year group
- Additional curriculum outcomes booklet
- A planning framework and checklist
- Parent’s postcards (electronic) .
Please note: All booklets are included in the electronic version and there is no limit on the number that can be printed by the setting.
Here is what professionals attending training on Positive Outcomes say…
“The Positive Eye session was a fantastic opportunity to expand our knowledge towards inclusion within our own classroom. The opportunity to see how the National Curriculum can be broken down, simplified and tailored for all learners was very positive.”
“Comprehensive programme that can benefit all age groups. Can provide a uniform approach to rewarding progress in the establishment”
“This is a wonderful resource that will benefit the needs of the individual child. Lots of wonderful ideas that I will take back to school with me #feelinginspired”
“A practical and easy to use package which will support learning and show progress of individual children with SEND. Why reinvent wheel when it’s here already to use”. Sue Cook, Head of Sensory Support Service, Knowsley.