SEND English Resources
PE25: Educational Resource & Story.
Marvin’s Market Adventure and Grandma’s Special Birthday Picnic
Send English resources with Marvin’s Adventure resources.
SEND English resources create access to the literate environment. Exposure to incidental learning opportunities don’t occur naturally for a child with VI or SEND. Building a solid foundation of reading readiness skills and fun experiences is critical.
‘Marvin’s Market Adventure and Grandma’s Special Birthday Picnic’ is both a story and an educational resource pack. It offers a holistic approach to reading readiness skills and emergent literacy development. Embracing rich concrete experiences. Involving objects, people and activities related to the concept of the Market Place.
Using a theme-based approach during the emergent stages of literacy development. Enabling us to offer a multitude of rich learning opportunities. The suggested activities in this resource support the key elements of emergent literacy. Tactile discrimination, fine motor, book/story skills and language development.
Read the lovely story of Marvin on his adventure at the market place. Maximise the learning opportunities with a holistic, fun, creative approach to literacy.
What people are saying about Send English resources with Marvin’s Adventure resources
“Marvin was a kind a little boy and he loved to visit his Grandma and help her to look after her beautiful garden. One day he decided he would surprise her as it was her birthday and he want to make her a special picnic. He wrote his list of all the things he would need for the picnic and set off to the market to make his purchases. A beautiful flower for her garden, a little shiny fish for her pond… little did he know that he was in for a surprise! Marvin meets Little Shiny Fish and Sunny Sunflower who are MAGIC! Plus, he helps Veg Man Vernon and Fishman Phil. Meeting Flora Flower and Barbara Baker the lovely cake maker along the way.”
The story booklet
Marvin’s SEND English resources pack is suitable for children age 3+. Creating a wonderful topic for an early year setting to follow. It includes:
- The story of Marvin’s Market Adventure and Grandma’s Special Picnic. Told in 6 short chapters. With clear illustrations of the key characters included within each chapter
- Audio version of the story read by a professional actor
- An individual booklet introducing the key characters to the child. The child can look at their own special book of characters whilst listening to the story
- Included is a further booklet ‘Maximising the learning opportunities’. Packed full of fun, wonderful ideas and activities. These are all linked to the Market Place to further support the child’s learning
- PowerPoint of photographs of the learning resources. Wonderful homemade ideas to support the ‘Maximising learning opportunities booklet’.
- Includes a FREE 10-week multi-sensory programme linked to each section. Comprehensive with key concepts, events, and resources. Plus, a step by step session by session programme. It also includes a map of the story to Positive Looking.
- What to make and what to collect list to help you get organised.
A must buy for all early years settings and specialist practitioners working with children with SEND. It will bring a smile to your face and to the children you read this to!
See reviews for Marvin’s Market Adventure